We seek to hire a Project Manager to support a new clinical and research program at UCSF involving the development and deployment of genomic and protein-based diagnostics for infectious disease and autoimmunity. We seek highly organized and detail-oriented applicants with a background in molecular biology, genomics, and data management, as well as strong administrative and leadership skills in coordinating efforts across at least three separate laboratories in multiple locations, to join this new and exciting project at the University of California, San Francisco.
The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating administrative, budgetary, and scientific aspects of this project. Specific duties will include supervision of patient sample bio-banking, database management, interaction with outside institutions, expense tracking, billing, and communication of findings through research progress reports, organization of group meetings, and regular presentations. Other duties will be required as assigned.
- PhD, MD/PhD, or PhD/MBA, in Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Virology, Genetics, Genomics, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Bioengineering, or related field
- Must have at least 1 year of experience with database management, SQL, Unix/Linux, and basic scripting skills.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with budgeting, revenue/expense tracking
- Excellent leadership and communication/presentation skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Flexible and able to work in a team environment, multiple locations within UCSF
- Experience with Next-Gen Sequencing technologies, RNA extraction, Illumina library preparation, and sequence analysis
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF00439