| Location: BINGHAMTON, NY Category: Faculty Posted On: Mon May 9 2016 Job Description: |
Focus areas of research include, but are not limited to:
1. Biomarkers and pharmacogenomics. Discovery, validation, and qualification of biomarkers in drug development (pharmacodynamics; surrogate outcomes). Pharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics will also be emphasized.
2. Drug development. Innovative approaches towards target identification, lead selection, and rapid and efficient de-risking, and movement through the drug development pipeline are welcomed.
3. Pre-clinical efficacy. Effective use of pre-clinical mouse models (genetic orthologs and avatars) for robust pre-clinical testing of promising therapeutic agents.
4. Innovations in clinical trial design and conduct. Development and use of adaptive designs, inclusion of biomarkers as outcomes, and use of mobile health for patient function in the community. Design and conduct of post-marketing trials for efficacy and quality of life in accelerated approvals will be a particular research strength.
5. Working in the venture philanthropy space. New models of advancing drug development through establishing synergistic interactions with both stake holder groups (non-profits) and industry (for-profits) on a global scale.
The school invites applications for tenured or tenure-track faculty positions in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. The candidate should possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and a strong commitment to scholarship and teaching both in a pharmacy degree program, and in a developing Ph.D. program in pharmaceutical sciences.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
· Develop and teach didactic and laboratory components of pharmaceutical sciences in the PharmD program
· Develop graduate-level coursework and provide research mentorship in a Ph.D. program within the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
· Develop and sustain an extramurally funded research program
· Participate in service activities at the School and University levels, as appropriate
· Demonstrate a commitment to academic excellence by participating in student assessment activities
· Demonstrate a commitment to the diversity of students, faculty, and staff and an inclusive academic environment
Applicants must have an earned Ph.D., and/or M.D. and/or PharmD or equivalent degrees in a field related to Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics, Medicinal Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology/Immunology and Biomarkers/Pharmacogenomics with post-doctoral and/or industry experience. Although the area of scholarly activity is open, candidates will contribute to the University's Health Sciences Transdisciplinary Areas of Excellence. For more information on the TAE, please visit this link: http://www.binghamton.edu/tae. Candidates should submit a cover letter, statement of research philosophy, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Salary is commensurate with experience and start-up funds are available.