Essential Duties :
Application Deadline: Search is open until filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by November 14, 2016. Second consideration may be given to applications received by November 28, 2016. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (November 28, 2016) may not be given full consideration.
The Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences at The University of Rhode Island invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position for the 2017-18 academic year.
Initial appointment is to teach a total of 4 courses each academic year including undergraduate courses in introductory nutrition and micronutrient nutrition, plus an undergraduate/graduate course in the area of expertise that complements departmental offerings.
Develop a research program in an area that complements the department's existing research strengths in chronic disease prevention (obesity, cardiovascular disease, and healthy aging) and focuses on the physiological, metabolic, and/or neuroendocrine mechanisms of human body weight regulation.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
1. Earned doctorate in Nutrition or closely related area conferred by August 15, 2017.
2. Demonstrated graduate coursework in human nutrition.
3. Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the college or university level serving as a guest lecturer, teaching assistant, or instructor.
4. Demonstrated ability to develop a research program in chronic disease prevention that focuses on the physiological, metabolic, and/or neuroendocrine mechanisms of human body weight regulation.
5. Evidence of published research related to focus area.
6. Demonstrated excellence in oral communication.
7. Demonstrated excellence in written communication.
8. Demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
9. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups.
1. Registered Dietitian
2. One year of postdoctoral experience in nutrition or a closely related area.
3. Demonstrated excellence independently teaching a minimum of one undergraduate course in nutrition at a college or university.
4. Demonstrated ability to secure research funding in a nutrition area.
Status : Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, Permanent
Union: AAUP - American Assoc of Univ Professors
Campus Location: Kingston
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach 4 (PDF) documents to your Faculty Employment Application:
(#1)Cover letter addressing the qualifications for the position.
(#2) Curriculum Vitae
(#3). One page description of your teaching philosophy.
(#4) One page five-year research plan.
Also: Please provide three letters of references directly submitted to search chair, Cathy English, (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 14, 2016 .
The University of Rhode Island is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, persons of color, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other protected group members are encouraged to apply.