The Senior Analytical Chemist position will be responsible for the
development and validation of analytical methods for the testing and
characterization of plant based compounds that can assist in enhancing
human health. The individual should be able to use state-of-the-art
instrumentation to facilitate the advancement of botanical ingredient
development, characterization and commercialization.
The Senior Analytical Chemist should be able to work with minimal
supervision and, where required, perform lab activities in accordance with
cGLP/cGMP regulations, established business processes and protocols, and
applicable standard operating procedures. In summary the Senior Analytical
Chemist will be required to:
• Develop, optimize and validate analytical methods.
• Qualify/transfer analytical methodology to quality control and contract
• Support plant compound identification and quantification process
development including characterization of starting materials,
intermediates and final ingredients and actives.
• Support finished product formulations and process development including
characterization of the process and finished product.
• Generate laboratory clinical release and stability data.
• Write/review/approve protocols and reports
• Write and/or review dossiers, citations, data reports etc. as required
• Review and approve analytical data from development partners
• Plan and execute technology transfers
• Work with cross-functional groups internally / externally to drive project
goals to timely completion
MS in Analytical Chemistry or related discipline with 12 -15 years experience
in analytical development in the biotechnology or organic chemistry industry;
or Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or related discipline with 5 -8 years
experience in analytical.
• Extensive experience with the implementation of advanced analytical
methods and physical characterization techniques such as HPLC, GC, MS,
• Experience in sample preparations techniques (extraction, filtration, etc.)
required for botanical based compound isolation and identification.
• Excellent analytical skills and hands-on experience with the aforementioned
• Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills as a team
player and be willing to work in an environment where individual
initiative, accountability, and professional integrity are required.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in cross-functional,
multi-discipline team environment with minimal supervision.