- PhD, MD, MD/PhD or PharmD in Pharmacology or related discipline with demonstrated undergraduate or graduate school teaching experience at accredited universities.
- Eligible to be appointed at the assistant, associate or full professor level.
- Qualified medical educators with documented experience in the effective teaching of the whole spectrum of basic and clinical pharmacology.
- Research experience (including a record of publications) in the field of Biology or Education (highly desirable).
- Primary interests in teaching and the ability to work with an interdisciplinary team of educators from other basic science disciplines and clinical faculty to develop and implement pharmacology sessions in an innovative and integrated biomedical education curriculum.
Teaching duties will include:
- Curriculum development.
- Pharmacology education within longitudinal and vertical integrated system-based courses that also include anatomy, biochemistry, physiology, microbiology, immunology and pathology in a clinically relevant context.
- Participation in the facilitation of the College’s “clinical presentation” based curriculum.
- Engagement in scholarly activities.
General responsibilities include:
- Establishing learning objectives and competency standards.
- Contributing to the process of student assessment, developing, implementing, and evaluating assessment materials and procedures.
- Promoting and using active learning techniques in the classroom.
- Position may include administrative oversight of the student educational research project course, and/or responsibilities as Course Director.
- Candidates must possess a strong commitment to working in an environment focused on innovation, learning/student-centered education, technology, and professional development.
- Faculty members will also assume administrative duties, including service on standing committees of the school, as negotiated and assigned.
Openings are available immediately and will remain open until suitable candidates are selected. Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s training, teaching experience and scientific productivity. CalMed offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package.
CalMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer. "EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans”