| Overview / Accountability |
• Have the scientific/technical expertise to independently deliver on projects. Be proficient at product commercialization and have an in-depth understanding about production capabilities.
• Primarily responsible for conducting meat application testing of Kerry Smoke and Savory Grill technology products. Also conducts testing of Kerry Food Protection, Functional and Taste technologies incorporated into processed meat products
1.Conduct research including new product research and the development of foods. 2.Develop new and improved methods and systems for food processing, production, quality control and packaging. 3.Work in pilot plant and support production scale ups and commercializations.
4. Field customer requests both internal and external to satisfy project needs from a conceptual phase through commercialization and troubleshooting.
• Participate in ideation/brainstorming
• Develop gold standards while working with Culinary and subject matter experts (SMEs)
• Match competitive products
• Formulation Optimization
• Concept to Commercialization
• Execute internal processes
• Ability to understand and troubleshoot customer processes
5. Be a strong part of customer facing team to deliver solutions that will “Nourish and Delight” our customers.
6. Coordinate with sales/culinary representatives during customer calls through presentations both technical and culinary based.
7. Work with cross functional groups to optimize the strengths of Kerry and deliver the best Taste and Nutrition experience for our customers
8. Develop and protect Intellectual Property by documenting research notes.
9. Study methods to improve quality of foods such as flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, convenience, or physical, chemical, and microbiological composition of foods
10. Complete project requests within the time frame required by the customer.
11. Employ efficient time management
12. Work directly with customers to solve technical issues that may arise.
13. Must be able to taste and smell chemicals, flavors and food products.
14. Must be able to stand for long periods of time in a laboratory setting and lift 50 pounds.
15. Must be able to work in cold, wet pilot plant and customer production plant environments.
16. Travel to Kerry production plants and to customers.
17. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
18. Must be able to effectively lead teams.