We are looking for a commercial entrepreneur with a microbiology, food or meat science education with experience in the dairy, produce, M&P or seafood industries. The vacancy is a full time position for 40 hours per week. Location: USA, Atlanta Area is preferred.
Responsibility: Managing Micreos Food Safety USA and Animal Health USA, with a focus on value creation of sustainable business. Maintain and grow existing customer portfolio and develop new customers in North America for Micreos Food Safety USA.
The tasks of the Business Development Manager will involve:
- Help to build value propositions for Listex & Salmonelex including products coming out of the innovation pipeline, including regulatory approval, application and validation development;
- Run Lab and plant test at customers, design test protocols and do/instruct micro test (titers);
- Coordinate third party application research projects;
- Initiate and manage relationships with universities, set up phage application research programs. Look for third party funding (pork board, USDA, Beef check off etc);
- Give technical support to business partners;
- Give input on Market communication (web site, A&P) for Food Safety North America;
- Give input for the innovation pipeline, channel customer insights to the innovation team.
The Business Development Manager will report to the Sales Director North America.
- Proven track record in business development/technical sales in a B2B Food safety or ingredient environment with at least 5 year experience
- Established network in both academia and R&D, Quality or food safety in medium and large food companies
- Experience in bio technology a plus
- Ability to translate technology into application
- Experience in working in an international setting
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, result oriented entrepreneur
- Self starter with a go-get and can-do mentality
- Good sense of humor, great listener, cooperative and ability to build bridges
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 60% of the time
The salary is market-based.
A more detailed description of the role is available from our Sales Director NAM: Robin Peterson, telephone number 0770 664 0568 or email email@example.com
Micreos, founded in 2005, is a Dutch biotechnology company, pioneer and market leader in the development of antibacterial Phages-technology. We are a people-oriented company and develop and produce our products in The Netherlands based on thorough knowledge of the problems of our customers.