Medical Technologists or MLTs
Waukesha PMs – 2nd Shift
(Req. # 48602, 48601, 48164, 45462)
Choose ProHealth Care
$2,500 Bonus for an 18-month commitment. Half paid out at the time of hire, the other half paid out after 18 months of Employment in the laboratory.
ProHealth Care offers a system-wide laboratory operation with core hospital labs at Waukesha Memorial and Oconomowoc Memorial as well as two clinic-based laboratory sites in Waukesha County and performs over 8 million tests annually.
Our Lab services operate out of state of the art facilities and include clinical testing in the areas of Histology, Cytology, Hematology, Coagulation, Clinical Chemistry, Urinalysis, Immunoassay, Microbiology, Transfusion service, EIA, and Molecular Biology.
ProHealth Care offers a vibrant outreach program, providing laboratory testing to numerous specialty hospitals, physician offices, and nursing home facilities. We have PhDs on site who work closely with lab employees to monitor quality, identify, access, and implement new technology. The Laboratory has certification and accreditation through the College of American Pathologists (CAP) Joint Commission (JCAHO), American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA).
Full Time with Benefits
Hours: 7/70 MT/ MLT position; work week is Wednesday through Tuesday very other week
-Hours are 1:30pm to 12:00am
The Medical Technologist is responsible for performing work of moderate to high complexity evaluating, correlating and interpreting laboratory test results in more than one section of the laboratory. Independent judgment, professional education and adherence to the mission and values of ProHealth Care are required.
- Consistently ensures that all laboratory testing is performed and reported in an accurate and timely manner per protocols.
- Communicates test interpretation to physicians and other health care professionals when results do not conform to expectations.
- Ensures proper utilization of supplies, maintaining inventory and ordering if necessary.
- Performs, documents, and evaluates Quality Control (QC), and takes corrective action, if necessary. Monitors and reviews QC on a defined basis. Recognizes problems and assists in the solution of those problems affecting test reliability.
- Prepares and evaluates maintenance schedules and operating procedures for new and present instrumentation. Performs instrument maintenance with proper documentation.
- Writes and updates technical procedures.
- Oversees and participates in the evaluation of proficiency testing programs and demonstrates competency for all assigned tasks.
- Work requires the knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology. May also consider an experienced Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Certification required through ASCP or NCA, or equivalent certification agency, or eligible.
- Blood bank and hematology experience are preferred.
ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Care Medical Associates clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
For complete details and to apply please click on the following link and search by the following Requisition Numbers: 48601, 48602, 48164, 45462
Or go directly here -
Req. # 48602, 48601, 48164, 45462
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.