The winning candidate who advances to Manager of Central Sterile Processing will be a key member of the UF Health Shands Hospital team. Reporting to the VP, Operations, the chosen candidate will manage 24/7 operations of all UF Health Shands Central Sterile Supply departments, assuring daily operations in Sterile Processing are performed in a timely and cost effective manner and that all services fulfill the needs of the patients, operating rooms, outside clinics, physicians and staff. Selected manager will bring servant leadership orientation, dedication to patient care, proven skills and energy necessary to make a decisive impact to advance the department to the next level of accomplishment.
Discover an environment where professional satisfaction and career achievement are paired with optimal quality of life in an open, safe, affordable, family oriented community. Enjoy arts and cultural events, outstanding collegiate sports, historic sites, distinct flora and fauna, a widely recognized music scene, or take a short drive to world famous beaches and vacation destinations, in a temperate climate that encourages year-round outdoor recreation and relaxed hospitality. Home to the nation's eighth largest university campus by enrollment, the Gainesville MSA has been ranked as the #1 place to live in North America in Cities Ranked and Rated, and one of the "best places to live and play" in the United States by National Geographic Adventure. Family members of all ages will find all the amenities as well as the key elements that contribute to safe and enjoyable life, including excellent public and private educational options. It's all here for the healthcare leader professionally prepared to step into this vital role.
• Candidate must be an RN, Certified Operating Room Technician or Certified Central Processing Technician. Associate degree in nursing, an allied health field or business administration required (significant experience may substitute for degree); Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Strong preference will be given to candidates with advanced certification as a CSPDM or CHL. If not certified, certification will be required within one (1) year of eligibility.
• Career track of successful, progressive, managerial roles with experience earned in a large and complicated acute care setting. Ideal candidate brings five (5) years of progressive management experience in a large hospital or healthcare system, with Central Sterile management experience preferred. Knowledge of basic principles of accounting and economics as well as principles of microbiology, sterilization and aseptic techniques, surgical techniques, instrumentation and equipment, and inventory control resources in the area of sterilization technology are required.
• Proven operations management expertise with skill to organize and streamline processes, schedules, timetables and deliverables to achieve service objectives, save money, and quantify results. Proven skill to manage Central Sterile Processing and orchestrate re-processable surgical instrumentation and surgical linen for all applicable departments at UF Health Shands.
• Working knowledge and experience to ensure products meet sterility standards and are ready for patient care use. Ability to provide intradepartmental sterilization guidance based on AAMI standards in conjunction with the system’s Infection Prevention & Control program. Working knowledge of hazardous materials handling, infection prevention and a strong understanding of the industry standards as stated by The Joint Commission, AMMI, AORN, CDC and OSHA. Skill to perform sterilization in L&D, OR and BICU and other areas as applicable.
• Demonstrated hands-on, sleeves-rolled-up approach to assess and trouble shoot, dive into details, discern where disconnects may exist, and hold team members accountable to deliver effective and efficient solution sets.
• Experience in the budget process with the financial management skills to collect, monitor, and interpret internal and external data to assess and improve operations performance to benchmarks. Monitors budget performance and keeps senior management informed of increased costs associated with sterilization and surgical linen needs. Maintains surgical supply inventory, meeting the healthcare needs for the hospital.
• Record of assuring hospital standards of performance by measuring performance against standards, and making necessary adjustments to elevate performance. Recommends changes to standards of practice and implements in a timely manner; works with departments to reduce costs in purchasing of surgical instrumentation and equipment.
• Skilled at delegation, empowering team members and ensuring accountability to achieve organizational objectives. Hires, trains and maintains qualified departmental staffing. Develops & implements Competency Training for all staff in each department. Skilled in enhancing and elevating employee engagement and satisfaction.
• Safety consciousness top of mind at all times, ensuring safe, secure environment for patients, visitors and employees. Working knowledge in promoting, measuring, and implementing quality, safety, performance improvement, infection control, and performance improvement processes to facilitate enhanced patient outcomes.
• Expertise to serve on the Infection Prevention & Control Committee, Surgical Services Quality Committee, and other committees as a specialist in the sterilization field.
• Management skill to ensure goals and objectives are achieved by hiring qualified staff, developing existing staff, and managing performance. Assesses work & professional performance of reporting staff. Record of developing resources that reduce turnover and encourage the retention of high performing employees.
To advance your interest, forward your resume and biography to: Samantha@WhelessPartners.com
For more information or to discuss this position, contact: Ed McCracken, President Healthcare Division Amanda Hargrove, Director Search Operations Samantha Struble, Senior Search Consultant 888-492-8088 ext 150
The Catalyst for Extraordinary LeadershipSM
New York | Atlanta | Houston | Birmingham | Denver | Dallas | Minneapolis | Naples
Wheless Partners provides an array of leadership consulting services, Succession Planning, Talent Mapping and Board, Executive and Management search services to include Board of Directors, Chancellor, President, Chief Executive, Chief Officers, and o...ther executive, senior and mid-level management roles. The firm’s contributions include executive and management leadership to internationally known and Fortune 100 organizations, mid-size corporations, and advancing small enterprises. Additionally, Wheless Partners has demonstrated expertise conducting assignments on behalf of foundations, governmental agencies, and non-profit organizations. According to the sentinel guide of the search industry, John Lucht's Rites of Passage At $100,000 to $1 Million+, these efforts have resulted in the firm being continuously ranked among the top search and leadership consulting firms.