The Program Coordinator provides support for the development, review and submission of research proposals and reports to USDA/NIFA grant programs. This position will coordinate and assist in the development, review and submission of research proposals for the Evans-Allen program and the Capacity Building Grants program. Key to this role will be assisting project directors in processing Evans-Allen research proposals and serving as site administrator for processing, managing, and reporting of all NIFA related research grants. Standard duties include but are not limited to: Managing unit inventory and serving as the liaison between the Agricultural Research Program and the property management office. Coordinating data collection and development of annual reports and annual plan of work. Attending and participating in local and national meetings, workshops, seminars related to assigned responsibilities to enhance professional development and expertise.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit:
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University's College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (CAES) has a rich history of innovation and application of cutting-edge technology. From our pioneering Laboratory Animal Science and Landscape Architecture programs to our award-winning Cooperative Extension and Agricultural Research programs, our faculty and staff serve today’s needs while keeping an eye on the future.
With programs and expertise in such areas as biotechnology, agricultural and biosystems engineering, natural resources management, waste management, and food microbiology, the A&T College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences grows concurrently with the demand for qualified graduates. Our four academic departments are the Department of Agribusiness, Applied Economics and Agriscience Education; the Department of Animal Sciences; the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences; and the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Design. Within these departments, students will find a myriad of opportunities for classroom learning, research and field work.
Through our Agricultural Research Program and our Cooperative Extension Program, we are able to research issues of importance to North Carolina and also provide research-based outreach training to citizens across the state and around the world.
Internal job number: 009102
- Master’s degree in agriculture, business or a related social sciences discipline. Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills and be able to present a professional and articulate image in person and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to determine informational needs, to collect and analyze information, and to devise and develop reports.
- Knowledge and experience in scientific research and grant development.
- Knowledge of current developments/trends in program areas in agriculture, family and consumer sciences and related disciplines.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Three or more years of direct experience in scientific research and grant development, proposal review and submissions; knowledge of federal grant procedures.
- One or more years experience in developing proposals and managing grants.
You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application.
Final candidates are subject to criminal and sex offender background checks.
North Carolina A&T State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
N.C. A&T does not discriminate against any person on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Title IX Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.