Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a globalcrossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is acommunity of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim ofchanging the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, yourknowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where yourdiversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â is sought andcelebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something thatis bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and neversettle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs missionis to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care,education, and research.
JOB SUMMARY: Operates cage wash machinery in order to sanitize primary animal holding cages, support equipment and general access areas, with regular guidance.
Participates in cleaning, maintenance, and decontamination of cage wash facility and other assigned areas. Conducts microbiological monitoring on cages and equipment.
Transports equipment to new locations as instructed.
Records information in accordance with outlined procedures.
Maintains supplies for cage wash facility and other assigned areas.
Operates equipment in accordance with equipment manuals. Reports potential equipment failures or safety concerns.
Assembles caging with necessary supplies and food as instructed.
Follows procedures to comply with operating and regulatory requirements related to care of laboratory animals.
COMMUNICATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Clearly, effectively and respectfully communicates to employees or customers.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
JUDGEMENT AND DECISION-MAKING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):Able to make decisions effectively and accurately in an environment which may be fast-paced or changing. Considers a wide range of alternatives, including those which may fall outside of the scope of the task at hand, before making a decision.
PLANNING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Plans work to complete projects on time. Competently handles multiple assignments simultaneously. Able to be flexible to meet changing customer needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Uses time efficiently.
MATERIAL PROCESSING (NOVICE):Efficiency in working a series of steps to complete a process. Understanding what it takes to run machinery and the parameters for washing and sterilizing equipment.
QUALITY ASSURANCE (NOVICE):- Understands the goal of increasing organizational productivity and individual performance by making the products and services within your work assignments more efficient and more effective.
Organizational Impact: Performs clearly defined tasks and methods described in detail to achieve standardized solutions that impact own performance with regular guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Follows a well established process to solve routine problems where solutions are clearly prescribed.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has basic job knowledge of systems and procedures that are common to own job.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to the team.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standardsEnsures continuous improvement.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.