Under minimal supervision, independently performs, authenticates and reports all tests analyses according to laboratory policies and procedures. Performs Quality Control and maintenance required to ensure valid and accurate results. Records and maintains appropriate documentation to support pre-analytical , analytical and post-analytical testing components. Facilitates quality patient care outcomes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of quality control requirements to ensure pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical quality results.
2. Skill in analyzing specimens utilizing instrument platforms, testing kits and manual procedures according to departmental policy.
3. Ability to log and perform all required maintenance and troubleshoot equipment and problems to completion and in consultation with a supervisor when required.
4. Ability to meet required production times to ensure timely patient testing. Typically three to four years of experience in microbiology.
Bachelor's Degree (Required)
1. Bachelor's Degree in a science or Medical Technology with appropriate clinical in a licensed hospital or clinic, required.
1. Laboratory: None required. 2. TB Lab: Three years of experience in microbiology, required. 3. Experience with TB testing, preferred.
• ASCP certification as a MLS or MT
Additional Salary Information: Dependent on experience
Internal Number: 949
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.