This is a research position within a laboratory at the interface of virology and immunology. The researcher will have opportunities to present and publish their research. The Langlois lab offers a dynamic laboratory environment with a variety of research techniques, experimental approaches and research questions.
TYPICAL TASKS (These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this class.)
- 10% Perform molecular analyses including (PCR, quantitative PCR, DNA extraction, molecular cloning, CRISPR/Cas9, primer design).
- 20% Make standard laboratory reagents (PBS and other buffers, LB media, Agar Plates, DMEM etc), keep the laboratory stocked and clean, and maintain all laboratory equipment.
- 20% Supports scientists in the laboratory and conduct investigations or experiments in an assigned area to aid in the solution of a research problem (standard virology techniques, western blot, tissue culture work, learning and applying new techniques as needed etc), and preparing data for publication.
- 10% Screening, weaning and general maintenance of mouse colonies. Handling and performing mouse experiments including anesthesia.
- 20% Manage day to day laboratory operations (shipping and receiving, ordering supplies, inventory, supervising undergraduate student workers). -10% Duties as assigned
All required qualifications must be documented on application materials.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS - Bachelor's degree with a major in a biomedical science (Microbiology, Biochemistry, etc) or an equivalent combination of education and relevant research experience to equal four years.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - At least one year of research experience - At least one year of experience in maintenance of mouse colonies/working with mice - Experience with flow cytometry and/or fluorescence microscopy - Experience in maintenance of mouse colonies and/or working with mice
Internal Number: 336551
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.