Under minimal supervision, independently performs, authenticates and reports all tests analyses according to laboratory policies and procedures. Performs Quality Control and maintenance required to ensure valid and accurate results. Records and maintains appropriate documentation to support pre-analytical , analytical and post-analytical testing components. Facilitates quality patient care outcomes.
This is a full time night shift opportunity in a dedicated Blood Bank featuring a 7 on, 7 off every other weekend schedule. Typical hours are 10p - 830a .
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of quality control requirements to ensure pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical quality results.
2. Skill in analyzing specimens utilizing instrument platforms, testing kits and manual procedures according to departmental policy.
3. Ability to log and perform all required maintenance and troubleshoot equipment and problems to completion and in consultation with a supervisor when required.
4. Ability to meet required production times to ensure timely patient testing.Typically three to four years of experience in microbiology.
1. Bachelor's Degree in a science or Medical Technology with appropriate clinicals in a licensed hospital or clinic, required.
1. Laboratory: None required. 2. TB Lab: Three years of experience in microbiology, required. 3. Experience with TB testing, preferred.
* Medical Laboratory Scientist * Medical Technologist
Location Denver Health - Blood Bank
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 2495
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.