Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $53,996 per year or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Position Summary: Direct and perform laboratory support for wheat end-use quality. Coordinate research with wheat breeders and extension personnel. Plan and conduct chemical, flour and dough rheological tests. Operate and maintain specialized analytical laboratory instruments and equipment. Maintain laboratory and computer databases. Manage production and quality control for the Wheat Quality Lab and ensure compliance with all safety procedures, rules and regulations. Supervise and train staff in use of laboratory facilities and procedures. Manage budget for salaries and lab operations.
Minimum Qualifications: - Master’s degree in chemistry, plant science, cereal science, food science or related field and one year of post-master’s research experience OR Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, plant science, cereal science, food science or related field plus three years’ post-degree research experience including at least one year of technical/administrative experience in laboratory operations.
- Experience in the use of laboratory procedures, analytical methods, and chemical principles pertinent to cereal quality; troubleshooting analytical methods and modifying procedures.
- Experience editing and writing business correspondence using proper grammar and punctuation as demonstrated in application materials, as well as writing, editing or contributing to research publications.
- Experience with computer software for the analysis, management, and presentation of data.
- Experience with supervision in a laboratory setting; working effectively with a diverse group of students, staff, faculty, and cooperators.
Preferred Qualifications: - Experience in wheat quality analytics.
- Experience with managing operational budgets.
- Experience writing grants.
- Ability to communication verbally; experience with public speaking.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: This position requires working with some chemicals and lifting, carrying and/or otherwise moving at least 50 lbs.
Posting Number: SP002624P
Posting Date: 10/27/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: First consideration will be given to those who apply by November 29, 2020. The position will remain open until suitable applicant pool has been identified.
MPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.