YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Lab Technologist at AdventHealth Lake Nona
Location Address: 10093 LAKE NONA BOULEVARD, Orlando, 32827
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Lake Nona:
AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area
A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience
Annual number of emergency cases: 89,018
Work Hours/Shift: Ft Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area, which may include answering the telephone, clerical and/or receptionist duties. Continually maintains workspaces in a neat, organized, and properly supplied; properly stores and safeguards documentation and paperwork.
· Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking; specimen collection; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities.
· Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to Florida Hospital procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as Florida Hospital policies.
· Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with Florida Hospital procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients.
· Provides leadership and mentoring to technicians and support staff, resolution to customer service issues within guidelines, and support education to clinical staff as appropriate or requested. Facilitates workflow when necessary.
· Participates in, and has knowledge of, laboratory and hospital Performance Improvement activities, including evaluation of new equipment and/or procedures or methods.
· Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies; protects confidentiality of patient information and results at all times.
· Follows appropriate safety policies including the appropriate use of PPE, handwashing, and hazardous chemical handling. Demonstrates understanding and adheres to Chemical Hygiene plan and Infection Control policies. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area; employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment.
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or work area
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Technical skills and aptitudes related to the laboratory testing, procedures and processes performed in department or work area assigned.
· Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written English with patients, staff, partners and customers of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective, and professional manner.
· Ability to read text and numbers in English, and to comprehend, measure, reason, match, and problem solve under supervision. Ability to apply accurately learned computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
· Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within Florida Hospital guidelines and applicable regulations.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Licensed by State of Florida at Clinical Laboratory Technologist level in appropriate specialties (Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Serology/Immunology, Microbiology, Immunohematology/Blood Banking, and/or Molecular Pathology) for the department or campus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Science or an equivalent term, OR
· Four years post-secondary education with a concentration in the aforementioned subject matters, Chemical Science or Biologic Science or Healthcare-related field
· One-year analytical, technical experience in Clinical Laboratory setting, OR
· Completion of a clinical internship in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent program
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Nationally certified as Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technologist, or equivalent term
· Licensed by State of Florida as Clinical Laboratory Technologist level in assigned department specialties, or all 6 areas (Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Serology/Immunology, Microbiology, Immunohematology/Blood Banking, Molecular Pathology).
The Medical Laboratory Technologists performs various laboratory testing procedures in assigned areas as licensed. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or other human biological specimens. Depending on campus and department, various pre-and post-analytical work processes are including in the work duties customarily performed; on-call hours may also be required. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.