Certified Medical Technologist Lead 3K Sign On Bonus
Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: Dallas, Texas
Internal Number: 21008659
The Med Lab Scientist 2 performs and monitors a full range of laboratory testing and analysis. Assists with supervision of laboratory operations. Assumes responsibility for problem resolution, quality control, and required equipment maintenance with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
Performs laboratory tests in compliance with department procedures and all pertinent regulatory requirements.
Follows quality control, quality assurance, safety, and infection control procedures.
Performs instrument maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting.
Accurately reports test results.
Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies.
Maintains effective communication and working relationships with all laboratory personnel, other disciplines, and external customers.
Participates in laboratory projects and educational activities.
Demonstrates and educates laboratory principles and technical skills to others.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
Knowledge of laboratory regulations, protocols and procedures.
Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions.
Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
Skill in the use of computers and related software applications.
Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following - Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits - 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% - Tuition Reimbursement - PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- LOCATION - BUMC Downtown Dallas TX
- SHIFT- Day Monday - Friday 5:00am - 1:30pm with rotating weekends - EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the minimum qualification
- EXPERIENCE - 4 Years of Experience
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE- Certified Medical Technologist with at least two years of clinical laboratory experience as a generalist The Core Lab Lead Tech should have a depth of technical experience in at least one clinical lab area but be able to work as a generalist in all clinical lab testing areas. The Core Lab Lead Tech works with the evening supervisor to train staff, prepare work bench schedule, and create a cohesive team.
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - ASCP - Blood Banking (ASCP-BB), ASCP-Chemistry Technologist (ASCP-C), ASCP-Hematology Technologist (ASCP-H), ASCP-Microbiology Technologist (ASCP-M), Molecular Biology Technologist (ASCP-MB), ASCP-Blood Banking Specialist (ASCP-SBB), ASCP-Chemistry Specialist (ASCP-SC), ASCP-Hematology Specialist (ASCP-SH), ASCP-Microbiology Specialist (ASCP-SM), Cert Histocompatibility Spec (CHS-ABHI), Cert Histocompatibility Techno (CHT-ABHI), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Medical Technologist (MT): Must have one certification from one of these issuing agencies: ASCP, AMT, NCA or AMT.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!