Up to $15,000 Sign-on Bonus for Experienced Clinical Lab Scientist
Los Alamitos Medical Center is a 172-bed acute-care facility serving the residents of Orange County.
Los Alamitos Medical Center serves the Orange County and great Long Beach areas. Specializations include a dedicated outpatient facility that houses cancer, imaging, and infusion centers, a bi-plane catheterization lab, robot-assisted surgery capabilities, an Orthopedic Destination Center and radiation oncology physician services provided by UCLA Health. Awards and distinctions include the American Stroke Association Get With the Guidelines Gold+ Performance Achievement Award for Stroke with Honor Roll Elite Plus and Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll and a Comprehensive Stroke Center designation by DNV-GL.
Lead, Clinical Lab Scientist Summary
Performs clinical laboratory testing in one or more of the following laboratory areas: blood bank, microbiology, serology, chemistry, hematology or urinalysis following standardized procedures in accordance with regulatory anThe Lead Clinical Laboratory Scientist assumes responsibility for one or more sections within the laboratory. He performs routine testing as well as overseeing the quality of testing, regulatory compliance, timeliness, and documentation in his area. He may supervise other staff. He reports to the Administrative Director of the Laboratory.d/or hospital quality control
1. Telephone Skills - Demonstrates hospital telephone etiquette by answering the phones promptly, courteously and identifying department and self.
2. Policies/Procedures - Is aware of and follows all hospital and department policies and procedures.
3. Team Work - Promotes positive co-worker relationships through team work and cooperation. Understands and supports the needs of individuals in other departments and promotes conflict resolution. Shares information, work knowledge and experience with coworkers, physicians and students in a non-threatening manner. Offers assistance and promptly responds to requests.
4. Productivity - Maintains high productivity and performs efficiently regardless of whether the work volume is high or low. Appropriately prioritizes work activities. Responds to difficult situations with self-control and a positive attitude. Makes decisions independently and knows when to ask for assistance. Exercises good judgment and arrives at sound decisions.
5. Documentation - Documentation is accurate, complete and legible.
6. Performs various manual and automated analyses of blood and other clinical specimens using established methods and procedures.
7. Performs and documents instrument calibration, test validation, quality control, and preventative maintenance tasks. Performs and documents proficiency and patient testing. Takes appropriate action when test results, calibration, validation, quality control, or instrument operations deviate from expected.
8. Participates in the training and orientation of new employees.
9. Provides information to physicians, nursing, and other laboratory staff regarding specimens, test protocols or laboratory policies and procedures. Assesses specimen suitability and rejects unsuitable specimens. documenting the reason and the appropriate corrective action taken.
10. Performs phlebotomy, clerical, computer related, other duties as needed.
11. Assures adequate inventory for the function of the section.
12. Accurately identi lies patients and specimens following all hospital and laboratory protocol. Accurately labels primary and secondary specimen containers ensuring positive identification at all times.
13. Accurately enters patient demographics and lab orders in the information system. Retrieves data from the information system. Utilizes other computer programs as needed.
14. Prepares, processes, maintains, and distributes laboratory records and reports as appropriate.
15. Communicates results, issues, routine and special circumstances to the correct person in a timely manner.
16. Age Specific - Recognizes the differences in handling micro-specimens as well as interpreting results from patients of all age groups from neonate to geriatric.
17. Develops and maintains policies and procedures in the section.
18. Monitors the performance of the section and communicates needs and issues with the administrative director
19. Maintains technical expertise commensurate with the position.
20. Ensures the section complies with The Joint Commission standards and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
21. Participates in the lab's Quality Improvement program.
22. Performs staff supervision activities within the confines of good practice, union contract, and applicable labor law. Delegates tasks as appropriate.
23. Serves as a role model within the laboratory with respect to professionalism, adherence to policy, patient and staff safety standards, and customer service.
24. Performs any other duties or responsibilities which may be assigned.
Clinical Lab Scientist Full Time Days candidate will possess the following education, licenses/certifications, and experience:
Training and Experience
Valid Clinical Laboratory Scientist license issued by the state of California Department of Health Services
Minimum of 5 years experience in a hospital laboratory.
Demonstrated leadership skills.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Los Alamitos, California
Facility: Los Alamitos Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.