All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
The community you’ll be caring for:
• AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
• The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
• The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
The role you’ll contribute:
The Laboratory Coordinator oversees, assigns and/or performs all aspects (pre-analytical, analytical, post-analytical) of specific laboratory departments or shift procedures; quality control process; performance improvement activities; interviewing and participation in selection of new staff members; training of new employees; ongoing competency assessment of staff; advanced problem solving for customers and staff; departmental equipment operation, maintenance and upgrades; writing/reviewing procedures and processes. Actively assists department manager with daily operations, within approved operational and capital budgets, meeting departmental goals in all Extending Excellence areas: Team, Service, Clinical, Market and Finance. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or other biological specimens and depending on campus and department, various pre- and post-analytical work processes are included in the work duties customarily performed; on-call hours may also be required.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates behaviors appropriate to the position. Participates as a member of various committees, teams and councils for AdventHealth Laboratory, including cross-campus laboratory teams, and campus specific teams/committees as may be assigned.
· Oversees department or work area staffing, including interviewing potential replacement staff members as requested, ensuring appropriate orientation of new employees, ongoing training of staff, and documented competency assessment of staff. Oversees the clinical experience of students in affiliated education programs.
· Performs, assigns, and oversees pre-analytical and support activities related to laboratory testing to facilitate daily department operations. Activities may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking; specimen collection; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance. answering the telephone, clerical and/or receptionist duties; and other pre-analytical activities.
· Performs, assigns, and oversees expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to Florida Hospital procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates and may assign staff performance in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as AdventHealth policies. Consistently ensures department workspaces are maintained in a neat, organized, and properly supplied manner, and that documentation is properly stored and safeguarded.
· Performs, assigns, and oversees assigned post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, in accordance with Florida Hospital procedures and campus practices. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients.
· Provides leadership and mentoring to technicians, technologists and support staff, resolution to customer service issues within guidelines, and support education to clinical staff as appropriate or requested. Facilitates workflow when necessary.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· 3 years analytical, technical experience in Clinical Laboratory Setting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Science or an equivalent term OR 4 years post secondary education with a concentration in the aforementioned subject matters, Chemical Science or Biologic Science or Healthcare-related field
· 1-2 years experience in a supervisory or managerial role in a Clinical Laboratory
· Licensed by State of Florida at Clinical Laboratory Technologist level in appropriate specialties (Chemistry, Hematology, Serology, Microbiology, Immunohematology/Blood Banking, and/or Molecular Pathology) for the department or campus assignment
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION PREFERRED:
· Nationally certified as Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technologist, or equivalent term
· Licensed by State of Florida as Clinical Laboratory Supervisor level in assigned department specialties, or all 6 areas (Chemistry, Hematology, Serology, Microbiology, Immunohematology/Blood Banking, Molecular Pathology).
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.